Sargent Park 8-17 Math

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lost Algebra

I created a post on the weekend all about the algebra you are doing. I am reposting it for your amusement. Please complete as much of this as you can and leave a comment behind about how you did.

Remember me Grade 8’s. Since I have been gone …only two days you must be missing me. Even if you are not missing me here are some excellent links to reinforce your learning.

The foundation to understanding algebra is to know integers. Here are two links that will reinforce what you need to know.

Try this Integer Quiz. If this is not familiar to you remember your order of operations and try again.

From this link you can see a movie on adding and subtracting integers. It is well done. If this link does not bring up the movie immediately click on the adding and subtracting integer link on the page.


Your first algebra lessons are dealing with words like term, variable, expression and equations.


Here are some helpful resources for you.
Extra help words to expressions
Extra help on variables and expressions

Here are three quizzes to see how well you did.

Substitution algebra
Solving Equations using Addition or Subtraction
Solving Equations using Division or Multiplication

Remember Leave comments to tell me how you did.

Harbeck




Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino

1 Comments:

  • This blog was very nice of you mr. harbeck, and thank you for posting it for my amusement. I took the integer quiz, and even though it wasn't hard, it helped me test out my math skills. I am surprised that I chose the comment over the homework, but thanks for letting me have the choice Mr. Harbeck.

    By Blogger Johanna8-17, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home