Sargent Park 8-17 Math

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Michael's Fraction Growing Post :



Part 1 :

1. Use a picture and text to show that you understand what expressing fractions in lowest terms means.



2. How are improper fractions and mixed numbers the same?



3. Find a website or blog that explains how to create equivalent fractions or write fractions in lowest terms. create a link to it and a brief description of what the site has to off.

- http://www.aaamath.com/fra.html

This site as alot to off oin fractions and lots of other things about fractions. You can also learned alot from all the different links in this website. ENJOY !!!

4. A) Write a word problem that involves adding these two fractions with denominators of fourths and thirds and your answer is an improper fraction.
B) Write a word problem that involves subtracting two mixed numbers.

Answer A : I took 3/4 of my money in the bank and took 2/3 of money from the bank the next day. How much money did I took fromt the bank all together?

Answer B : While I was walking I had 6 1/2 of paper in my pocket and I dropped 3 1/2 of it. How much paper do I have left in my pocket after the accident?

5. Go to three peoples growing posts and answer their fraction problems by leaving comments. one of the three people cannot be from your homework!!
The posts that I have visited : Annalyn , Dhonna, Laramae all from room 16

- http://www.321know.com/fra57bx2.htm
- http://www.321know.com/fra66lx2.htm
- http://www.321know.com/fra66ex2.htm

These are 3 sites that I found on subtracting fractions. These sites will help you subtracting same and different denominators, and mixed fractions.

-------------------------


Post 2:

Question 1:



Question 2:




Question 3:

This is a website that I have found to help you out with multiplying fractions ---->Site

Question 4:



Question 5:

This is a website that I found to help you out with division ------>Site

Question 6:

1. I chose Aldrin Fraction Post because I thought it looked really cool and understandable

2. I chose Dion Fraction Post because I liked all the animations that he did with his pictures

3. I chose Dhonna Fraction Post because it shows alot on how to do fractions correctly

4. I chose Norielle's Fraction Post because I thought it had alot of information about fractions and the interesting pictures that she used

Question 7:

If I was flying in the air for 1 1/2 hours at an average speed of 60km.How far did I get while flying?

-------------------------


Michael S 817




Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home